Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Akagi, C. (2008). YouTube? For Health Education? American Journal of Health Education, 39(1), 58-60. Retrieved May 1, 2012 from ProQuest.
USDHHS (2010). New Healthy People 2020 topics. Retrieved May 1, 2012 fromhttp://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/default.aspx
Throughout the Session Long Project (SLP) you have explored health promotion related to the leading health indicators for the US. For this final assignment, you will find a health communication about one of the leading indicators and evaluate it.
Please go to the HealthFinder.gov site’s Personal Health tools to find an e-card athttp://www.healthfinder.gov/ecards/cards.aspx?jscript=1
Click on “View All E-Cards.” Pick whatever interests you to write about.
- Which e-card category did you choose? For example, Great American Smokeout, etc.
- Describe the card. Does it catch your eye because of color, message, graphics?
- What is the main message inside the card?
- Do you think it would be effective? If so, for what audience? Who might you send it to?
- Which of the 3 strategies for promoting health does it address?
- How can health educators help assure the messages that health professionals convey to consumers are appropriate? Think about that in terms of health promotion settings and strategies discussed in this module.
Throughout the Session Long Project (SLP), you have explored health promotion related to the leading health indicators for the United States. One of your co-workers asked what’s new in HP2020, compared to HP2010.
For this final SLP paper, please choose any one of the New Healthy People 2020 topics listed at http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/default.aspx
Write a paper that includes the following:
- Identify which topic you chose, and provide a brief overview of the topic. What interests you about this particular topic?
- List at least 2 of Healthy People 2020s health promotion objectives related specifically to this issue. You should copy them from HP2020, use quotation marks, and cite the source. What data sources will be used for measuring progress toward those objectives?
- Discuss how the new topic relates to the other HP2020 topics you learned about throughout the session. Please be specific. (The topics I learned about were , Tobacco Use, Reproductive and sexual health, the primary causes of death in california and, Injury and violence)
- As a health educator, how can you promote health related to this topic? Please be specific about the strategies you would use, based on what you learned in this module and in previous modules.