Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 2: Human Resources Policies and Procedures
Due Week 8 and worth 320 points
Continuing with the scenario from Assignment 1, imagine that you have been hired as the Manager of Human Resources for the acute care hospital. Your first task is to create a set of policies and procedures to ensure that the organization’s HRM processes are aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives. You are also responsible for completing a hiring plan, training plan, compensation and benefits plan, and a performance appraisal.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Examine a significant way that the Joint Commission has influenced the basic functions of HRM and predict the likely impact of the policies and procedures at the your acute hospital. Provide support for your rationale.
- Analyze the importance of collaboration between HR and department managers when filling open positions, indicating the most likely impact on the hiring process.
- Create a detailed outline of a training program for managers. The outline should include, at a minimum, interviewing techniques that both help managers identify the best candidate for the job and meet the requirements of appropriate employment laws and regulations.
- Determine the most significant factor that should be considered in order to develop a compensation and benefit plan that is fair, competitive, and aligned with the organization’s strategic objectives, indicating the direct impact of each factor on the elements.
- Recommend a performance appraisal method that you believe would be the most effective for the organization and support the reasons for your decision. Provide support for your recommendation.
- Create a strategy to effectively manage both performance- and behavioral-based employee problems, which will lead to the desired behavior result.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop the key components of an employment agreement.
- Examine the influence of the Joint Commission on the development of job descriptions and performance management programs.
- Develop an effective interview and selection process that meets the requirements of employment laws and regulations.
- Propose ways that job performance and training can be integrated.
- Analyze the challenges that confront health care employers in providing competitive compensation and benefit programs.
- Analyze the objectives and methods of an effective performance appraisal process.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health services human resource management.
- Write clearly and concisely about health services human resource management using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Tips for Week Eight Assignment
As a reminder, Strayer has implemented Safe Assign as a tool to check for plagiarism on all written assignments. When you submit this assignment it will be sent to Safe Assign through Blackboard, you do not need to upload your papers to a different application and you will have access to your score and report once it has been processed. The processing time is very fast and is usually finished within a few minutes after submission. Please keep the following points in mind regarding Safe Assign:
Your Safe Assign score should never exceed 30%. Keep in mind that while there is no specific percentage that is acceptable, a score of 30% is generally a warning that there is an excessive amount of material in your paper that could be considered as being plagiarized. A score of 50% or more could mean that your paper will not be graded or be graded with a zero until it has been reviewed by Academic Affairs.
In addition to being aware of possible plagiarism issues, I’ve listed some suggestions to help you with completing this assignment.
- Make sure you review the instructions and the criteria listed on the grade rubric. There are six (6) topics that should be covered in this report and you should use the following headings in your paper to help ensure you cover each requirement and to help keep the flow of your writing organized. You can use the headings I suggest or create your own but keep in mind that APA headings are a requirement for APA papers.
- The Influence of Joint Commission on HR Policies and Procedures
- The Importance of Collaboration Between HR and Managers for Effective Hiring Practices
- An HR Related Training Program for Department Managers – this should include some explanation of each area of training and not be a list of topics
- The Most Important Factor in Creating a Competitive Compensation Strategy
- A Effective Performance Evaluation Process for a Healthcare Organization
- Managing Performance and Behavioral Based Employee Problems
- Cite and reference a minimum of three appropriate academic sources of research. Blogs, Wikipedia, EHow sites, HR Hero, etc. are not considered reliable sources of academic research.
- Allow time to edit your paper and made any corrections needed in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Submitting assignments on time is necessary to avoid late penalties.