Without the correct type of data, any analysis you do will be meaningless. Because of this, one of the most important steps in gathering data is to know what type of data to collect. For this assignment, you will extract data from actual people and analyze this data. Then, you will share these results and participate in a discussion about gathering various types of data.
- Ask five males and five females how much each of them paid for their last haircut. These can be friends, family members, or total strangers.
- After you gather the data, do the following on the Discussion Board:
- Post the 10 data values
- Discuss the differences between the two samples, males versus females. Are values in one sample higher on average than the other? Are values in one sample more spread out than the other?
- State the method used to collect this data .
- Describe different methods that could be used to collect data if you did not need exactly five males and five females.