When a person is in a crisis situation, his/her behavior has a direct effect on family members. Many times, family is drawn into the crisis and has to find a way to help the person in crisis while at the same time make sure that they themselves do not become part of the problem. Conduct research and determine ways that a family can effectively deal with a family member in crisis. Be sure to address the following questions:
- Are there things that a family member can do to help the person in crisis?
- Should the family seek professional help, and if so, what type of help?
- Should the family themselves participate in a group setting with the family member in crisis?
- What are some of the side effects that can cause issues for family members trying to help?
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the Assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
- Include a cover page and references page in 10–12 point font (Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman are acceptable)
- Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
- Appropriate citation style should be followed
You should also make sure to:
- Include a title page with full name, class name, section number, and date
- Include an introductory and concluding paragraph and demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English
- Use examples to support your discussion
- Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cited within the body of your paper using APA format