Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the StudentCenter.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the InstructorCenter.
Assignment 1: e-CommerceEvolution and Security
Due Week 3 and worth 100 points
e-Commerce has evolved fromstrictly online enterprises such as Amazon.com to enterprises such asAutozone.com, Bestbuy.com, and so on that are online, on social media, and brickand mortar combined. Select one (1) company and research the technical evolutionthat has brought its presence to its current technology infrastructure andmodel. What are the current security considerations? What are future trends inWeb-based commerce that your selected company should consider? What are thesecurity considerations that must considered in this future growth?
Write a five to eight (5-8) pagepaper in which you:
- Analyze the Information Technologyevolution of e-Commerce up to now, including the techniques used to securee-Commerce. Describe some of the drawbacks as they relate tosecurity.
- Determine the future hardware andsoftware trends of e-Commerce and describe where you believe it is going.Analyze how social media such as Facebook and Twitter may fit into the future ofsecure e-Commerce.
- Explain how you see theanticipated evolution of the Internet, including updated secure protocols suchas IPv6.
- Recommend what you believe is themost likely migratory path in the evolution of e-Commerce.
- Include a graphic representationof the proposed future Web-based e-Commerce model that incorporates securityusing Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. Note: The graphicallydepicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Use at least four (4) qualityresources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similarWebsites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow theseformatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, usingTimes New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citationsand references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with yourprofessor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containingthe title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, thecourse title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are notincluded in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams createdin Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Worddocument before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learningoutcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the impact of the Internetand Web applications on the business world.
- Analyze the evolution of socialmedia, social networking, and the ethical issues they raise.
- Use technology and informationresources to research issues in securing Web-based applications.
- Write clearly and concisely aboutWeb application security topics using proper writing mechanics and technicalstyle conventions.