Click the link above to submit yourassignment.
Students, please view the “Submit aClickable Rubric Assignment” video in the StudentCenter.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within theInstructor Center.
Assignment 1: Procedural EmailMessage
Due Week 2 and worth 150 points
Write a proceduralemail message to employees reminding them of standard operating procedures ororganizational changes that take the form of step-by-step instructions. Becreative, or use an issue applicable to your work environment. (Example can befound on page 105, Figure 6-14, of the course text.)
The message shouldtake the form of an email; however, you will submit your assignment to theonline course shell.
The procedural message must adhere to the followingrequirements:
- In terms of content:
- Introduce the main idea of the message in a concise, informativemanner.
- Itemize three to five (3-5) key points with detail.
- Provide information about where and to whom questions should bedirected.
- In terms of format:
- Use a descriptive title or heading.
- Use bullets to separate ideas and simplify reading.
- In terms of style:
- Include an appropriate and professional greeting / salutation.
- Begin statements with action verbs.
- In terms of clarity / mechanics:
- Ensure that there are no grammar or spelling errors.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, single-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inchmargins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
Submitting your assignment:
- Submit your assignment through the online course shell only.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignmentare:
- Use writing process strategies to develop brief business documents, such asroutine messages, bad news messages, and persuasive/sales messages.
- Support ideas or claims in body paragraphs with clear details, examples, andexplanations.
- Organize ideas logically by using transitional words, phrases, andsentences.
- Use sentence variety and effective word choice in writtencommunication.
- Write clearly and concisely using proper writing mechanics.