[Get Answer ]-Ethical Behavior Of Business Students At Rocky University
Duringthe global recession of 2008 and 2009, there were many accusations ofunethical behavior by Wall Street executives, financial managers, andother corporate officers. At that time, an article appeared thatsuggested that part of the reason for such unethical business behaviormay stem from the fact that cheating has become more prevalent amongbusiness students. The article reported that 86% of business studentsadmitted to cheating at some time during their academic career ascompared to 77% of non-business students.
Cheating has been aconcern of the dean of the College of Business at Rocky University forseveral years. Some faculty members in the college believe that cheatingis more widespread at Rocky than at other universities, while otherfaculty members think that cheating is not a major problem in thecollege. To resolve some of these issues, the dean commissioned a studyto assess the current ethical behavior of business students at Rocky. Aspart of this study, an anonymous exit survey was administered to asample of 90 business students from this year’s graduating class.Responses to the following questions were used to obtain data regardingthree types of cheating.
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
During your time at Rocky, did you ever present work copied off the Internet as your own?
During your time at Rocky, did you ever copy answers off another student’s exam?
Duringyour time at Rocky, did you ever collaborate with other students onprojects that were supposed to be completed individually?
Anystudent who answered yes to one or more of these questions wasconsidered to have been involved in some type of cheating. The completedata set is in the file named Rocky.
Preparea report (see below) for the dean of the college that summarizes yourassessment of the nature of cheating by business students at RockyUniversity. Be sure to include the following seven (7) items in yourreport.
- To summarize the data, compute the proportion of allstudents the proportion of all male students, and the proportion of allfemale students that presented
- Work copied off the internet as their own
- Copied answers off another student’s exam
- Collaborated with other students on projects that were supposed to be completed individually.
Then comment on your findings.
- Develop95% confidence intervals for the proportion of all students, theproportion of all male students, and the proportion of all femalestudents who were involved in some type of cheating.
- Develop 95%confidence intervals for the proportion of all students, the proportionof all male students, and the proportion of all female students whowere involved in copying off the internet.
- Develop 95%confidence intervals for the proportion of all students, the proportionof all male students, and the proportion of all female students who wereinvolved in copying off another’s exam.
- Develop 95% confidenceintervals for the proportion of all students, the proportion of all malestudents, and the proportion of all female students who were involvedin collaborating on individual project.
- Conduct a hypothesistest to determine if the proportion of all business students at RockyUniversity who were not involved in some type of cheating is less thanthat of all business students elsewhere. Use α = 0.05.
- What advice would you give to the dean based upon your analysis of the data?
Writea report that adheres to the Written Assignment Requirements. Items that should be included, but are not limited to are a title page,an introduction, a body which answers the questions posed in theproblem and a conclusion paragraph that addresses your findings and whatyou have determined from the data and your analysis. As with allwritten assignments you should have in-text citations and a referencepage too. Please include any tables of calculations, calculated valuesand graphs associated with this problem in the body.
NOTE: Submitting your Excel file will aid in grading with partial credit if errors are found in the paper.
Be sure that your report contains the following:
- A title page
- An introduction
- A body of the paper that answers the questions posed in the problem and calculations and graphs associated with this problem.
- A conclusion paragraph that addresses your findings and what you have determined from the data and your analysis.
Be sure to submit your Excel file as well.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now