[Get Answer ]-History 40
My topic is Gun Violence
The focus of the capstone project is to solve a contemporary social and criminal justice issue through the application of information from a variety of related fields, which may include sociology, law, psychology, and ethics. In developing a proposed solution to a modern social and criminal justice issue, you are encouraged to use scholarly and primary sources, multimedia, and interviews with professionals in the field (if possible) to identify and devise a workable plan.
Within the Final Capstone Project, complete the following:
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
- Identify a clear thesis statement to address your chosen criminal and social justice issue.
- Summarize your chosen social and criminal justice issue.
- Propose the resolution to the social and criminal justice issue.
- Examine the operations of the criminal justice system as it relates to your chosen issue and resolution. This may include operations related to crime scene investigation techniques and security; the collection, preservation and presentation of evidence; and processes related to correctional institutions, incarceration, and release.
- Analyze how the criminal and social justice theories (in relation to the United States Constitution) and landmark U.S. Supreme Court decisions impact your chosen issue and support your resolution.
- Explain how social and criminal justice systems promote social equality and fairness for all and how this impacts your issue and resolution. Consider how poverty, racism, and religion apply to contemporary social and criminal justice.
- Assess how the centralization of criminal justice agencies in the United States, The Patriot Act, the U.S. Homeland Security Act, and international aspects of social and criminal justice impact your issue and resolution.
- Identify and describe at least two careers in criminal justice (existing or to-be-created) for agencies that may be involved in addressing the issue and resolution you have chosen.
The paper must be at least 20 pages in length, excluding title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least ten scholarly resources (at least four of which can be found in the Ashford Online Library) other than the textbook to support your claims. You may consider referencing documentaries, contemporary news reports, multimedia, and interviews with professionals in the field. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page. For information regarding APA, including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, located within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Writing the Final Capstone Project
The Final Capstone Project:
- Must be at least 20 double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least ten scholarly resources, including a minimum of four from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
THESIS You need to refine your thesis as towhat you are trying to state.
b) What evidence do you have that gun control regulations introduced bythe Obama administration has reduced crimes.
c) Do you have a cite to these regulations. I was under the beliefthat gun control legislation proposed by the President have not passed due toopposition in Congress.
d) Is a resource from 1993 still relevant today?
e) Are you are proposing stricter background checks (with which I wouldagree) or are you proposing another form of gun control?
f) How do you answer those who claim background checks and other controlsviolate the Second Amendment?
Do you feelalso that stricter laws on weapons could also cost innocent victims their livesalso? We must remember that before guns, bad guys still found ways to killpeople. It’s not the object we must focus on, in my belief, it’s the mentalityof our culture we need work on.
I do believe in “making noise”about this issue of gun control. Instead of asking of the President, doyou think we should start within? Like our local legislators? National leaders? Federal leaders? International leaders? Do you think if we pass a uniform law that is the same EVERYWHERE, maybewe would have a better chance in making The a threw f are suggestions from classmates and the instructor.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now