For this activity, read “Glaciers in Indiana”, which is a summary of the “Wisconsin” glaciation in Indiana, and also watch the two videos. Fill out the Glacier Activity Worksheet based on the reading.
Glaciers in Indiana.pdf
Glacier Activity Worksheet rev 03-15-14.docx
Glacial History of Indiana Dunes State Park
User: alexzman2002 – Added: 8/19/10
Transcript for Glacial History of Indiana Dunes State Park.docx
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnzyKM0mnYAWatch VideoLaurentide Ice Sheet
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbsURVgoRD0
No narration; no transcript needed
Make a discussion post in a word document and follow the instructions:
- Please choose 2 terms from the attached list “Glacier terms”
- To ensure that we have some variety, one of the terms you choose should start with a letter close to the first letter of your last name… (please pick one that’s “b” for me)
- Find a good picture or video to illustrate each of your terms (2 total pictures and/or videos).
- Define what each term means. You should use the definition from your textbook or a reputable source such as the USGS Glossary of Glacial Terminology. You may also use Wikipedia for this assignment.
- Continue your post by explaining how the feature is formed or how the process works, and add any other pertinent facts that you find in your research.
- The goal is to provide interesting and accurate information to your fellow classmates, and it will also help you with test preparation since these are key terms from your text.
- Three to five sentences about each term should be enough. The descriptions can be brief, but should also be well-written.
- Please include your references.
- Any direct quotes that you use should be clearly indicated as quotes.
- Use citefast.com to put your references in correct form. At citefast.com, choose APA style and fill in the information that you have reasonably available. (Citefast.com is very easy to use).
- Do this post in a word processing document and then attach it to the discussion board using the