[Get Answer ]-Role Of The Counselor In The Community
Discussion Question: Role of the Counselor in the Community
Nine-year-old Wanda’s teacher notices that for the past fewweeks, Wanda has not been talking to her friends and is always sittingalone in a corner. After talking to Wanda’s friends, the teacher findsout that Wanda’s 16-year-old brother was killed in a gang war two monthsago and her parents have since separated. The teacher talks to Daphne,a counselor, to see if there is anything she can do about Wanda. Shewants to know if there is any way in which children and familiesaffected by exposure to violence can be assisted with emotional impactof these events. The teacher also asks Daphne, in the role of acounselor, to call Wanda’s parents to see if they would be willing totalk with her about the death of their son, their separation, andWanda’s behavior at school. Daphne is not employed or affiliated withthe school.
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
What would be Daphne’s role, as a counselor, in helping the teacher?
What do you see as important roles of a counselor working in a community?
What are the ethical responsibilities that counselors and humanservice professionals hold toward the community? When answering thisquestion identify the ethical code number and definition, using yourown words, of the ethical responsibilities of these professionals.
Briefly speak to how you, as an ethical counselor, would respond tothe teacher’s request for you to speak with Wanda and her family.
Initial Discussion Response
WritingCraftsmanship and Ethical Scholarship
InitialDiscussion Response *
· Did not relate to the concepts or ideas presented inthe discussion topic(s)
· Claims were not supported.
· Lacked substance
· Was not original
· Relied on personal experience only to support ideas
· Original and accurate
· Demonstrated basic understanding of concepts
· Discussed key theories and concepts from the readings
· Original and accurate
· Substantive and
· Demonstrated advanced understanding of concepts
· Compiled/synthesized theories and concepts drawn from avariety of sources to support statements and conclusions.
Wereoff-topic or irrelevant to discussion.
Contributeda few points of view but mostly repeats information posted by others.
· Contributed to the discussion offering points of viewand/or opinions,
· Did not make clear connections between one or morepoints in the discussion.
· Offered points of view supported by research
· Asked challenging questions that promoted discussion
· Drew relationships between one or more points in thediscussion.
WritingCraftsmanship and Ethical Scholarship *
· Demonstrated little attempt to organize thoughts
· Writing was not clear, concise and formal.
· Writing contained numerous errors in spelling, grammar,and/or sentence structure that severely interfered with readability andcomprehension.
· Information from sources was not paraphrased andattribution of sources was lacking.
· Demonstrated some attempt to organize thoughts
· Writing was not clear, concise and/or formal.
· Errors in spelling and grammar somewhat interfered withreadability and/or comprehension.
· Information from sources was paraphrased and cited, butmajor errors were present.
· Wrote in a clear and organized manner
· Writing was not concise or formal in language.
· Writing followed conventions of spelling and grammarthroughout. Errors were infrequent anddid not interfere with readability or comprehension.
· Information from sources was paraphrased and cited, butminor errors were present.
· Wrote in a clear, concise, formal and organizedmanner.
· Responses were error free.
· Information from sources was paraphrased appropriatelyand accurately cited.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now