This is a discussion board post, no minimum length stated so answers should be brief but very solid.
1. You must read the attached article, review the 14 Powerpoint slides and answer all 5 questions on the last slide.
Article – Wk9.pdf
Powerpoint slide – Answer all 5 questions on the last slide. Wk9-2.pdf
2. Read this article and answer the questions below.
1. How would you define ahimsa–in terms of its (a) literal meaning; (b) prescriptive behavior–what we should do; and (c) proscriptive behavior–what we should not do. Find examples from the article.
2.Laity–or lay persons–are the common “everyone else” folks, whereasclergy or clerics are the ordained religious orders such as monks,priests, monks, nuns. Discuss the issue of “intentionality” for layJains. (See page 3 of the article.)
3. Buddhism as well as Jainism inparticular stress compassion, which seems to be the spirit of or at theheart of the teaching of ahimsa. How might we “cultivate” and practicecompassion in our daily lives?
4. How does religion or religious teaching factor into ecology, and environmentalism?
5.From an overall reading of this piece, how might ahimsa be applied inthe matter of self-defense and in responding to domestic violence?