Students will write a research proposal to fund a survey that pertains to peanut allergies and children. Your maximum budget for this research is $400,000. You may pick your audience. Make the audience known to the reader in the beginning of the paper. Please use the material contained in Chapter 8 of your text including the key terms on page 189.
Proposals should be formatted using the following guidelines (this is a modified outline from your textbook, chapter 3, page 90).
- Title Page that includes your name, class and section name, date, project title, name of the agency you’re requesting funding from (funding source), beginning and end dates of the proposed funding period, and total amount of funds requested.
- Table of contents
- Abstract of your research proposal
- Project description which includes several sub-sections: introduction, problem statement and significance, goals, methods, evaluation and dissemination.
- References in APA style
- Budget with justification
Prepare your proposal in MS Word with 1-inch margins on all sides, single-spaced and 12 pt. Times New Roman font. Do not exceed 3 pages. You must use headings. You can use a table for your budget and you can use one additional graph, chart or table as needed to share data. Upload your research proposal to the classroom assignment tab any time before the due date. All references to source material must be in APA format. Use Safeassign before submitting your proposal in the final submission folder and remember to read your originality report.
APA Formatting GMU: http://infoguides.gmu.edu/c.php?g=120476&p=788030
APA Formatting Purdue Owl: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
Additional resources to format your proposal.
- Resource: See chapter 3 of your text book, specifically pp. 89-90 (recommended)
- Resource: http://libguides.usc.edu/content.php?pid=83009&sid=2319840