Stuck with a difficult assignment? No time to get your paper done? Feeling confused? If you’re looking for reliable and timely help for assignments, you’ve come to the right place. We promise 100% original, plagiarism-free papers custom-written for you. Yes, we write every assignment from scratch and it’s solely custom-made for you.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Select one of the following case studies for your paper:
Jennings, B., Kahn, J., Mastroianni, A., and Parker, L. S. (n.d.). Ethics and public health: Model curriculum. Retrieved from http://www.aspph.org/wpcontent/uploads/2014/02/EthicsCurriculum.pdf
Address them in a Q/A format, using complete sentences. Please know that although this is not a formal written paper, you still use APA formatting:
- Double-spaced with 1-inch margins
- Separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Reference page formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
- Citations as required according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
- Must use at least two additional sources to support your answers to the case study questions (this does not include the case itself)
I chose Module 7
- Module 7: Ethical issues in environmental and occupational health.
- Introductory Information: p. 157-168 (10 pages)
- Case Study 1: Environmental Injustice in Homer, Louisiana: p. 170-173 (4 pages)
Module 7: Case Study 1
Environmental Injustice in Homer, Louisiana
1. Explain why various parties might have selected Homer as a place to build a uranium-enrichment facility. In your response, review this from the angle of all stakeholders: city and local officials, residents, school system personnel, public services.
2. Describe the reason why outsiders, like environmental activists, took an interest in this proposal. What was it about Homer or the plant that posed such interest from many stakeholders?
3. Examine whether the facility would benefit this particular minority group (African Americans) or would it single out this group to bear an environmental burden. In other words, address the question: What role does the predominant race of the residents of Homer play in the siting of the Claiborne facility? (Roles could include jobs, community growth, improved economy, health hazards, social injustice…look at all angles of this situation.)
4. Examine whether a community at large can give informed consent to the initiation of a project like the Claiborne facility and how would this differ from individual informed consent? Provide details on disclosures on both the positives and negatives of this project.
5. Explain with solid evidence and support whether you believe this situation was one of industrial growth or environmental racism.