There is a total of two assignments with the name document 1 and document 2. Each document should be in a saperete word document. the second document is a question and answer assingment which means it is not an essay like the first document.
Research three to five manipulatives you could use to teach probability and how they would be helpful teaching probability to elementary and middle school students.
Write a minimum 500-word analysis of the use of manipulatives to teach probability that includes the following:
- A brief introduction to probability
- What is it? When is it used?
- An explanation of each manipulative and how they can be used
- Recommendations for using the identified manipulatives with a specific grade level
Research a minimum of three sources, including at least two peer-reviewed resources, that support your analysis.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines, including in-text citations, a reference page, and a title page.
A total of 100 words per question
Question and answer format
- 1. When a student is taught how to find the mean of a set of data, why might the child have a difficult time accepting the answer?
- 2. Explain in 100 words Probability
- 3. Go to the Probability Games on the Between Waters website by using the following directions:
1. Go to http://www.betweenwaters.com
2. Scroll down and click on Probability Games.
3. Locate the Coin Flip and Dice Roll games.
4. Click Play under each activity to play the games.
Play both the Coin Flip and Dice Roll games. After you have played the games, respond to the following questions, and describe your experience. What did you learn about how probabilities are determined? What method might be the most difficult for children to learn and why? 4. How can different graphs about the same data be used to encourage children’s progression in understanding graphs?
5. Explain the importance of Graphs
6. In 100 words explain Geometric Probability